Website Portage County
PORTAGE COUNTY JOB ANNOUNCEMENT:
Position: EMS Coordinator
Department: Emergency Management
Description of Duties: This position coordinates emergency medical services activities of the pre-hospital emergency health care services system for the countywide Emergency Medical Services system in Portage County. Under the direction of the Portage County Emergency Management Director and in collaboration with a Medical Director(s), this position provides administrative, coordination, technical assistance and outreach to the service providers and pre-hospital EMS providers of Portage County to help ensure quality patient care and service.
- Associates degree required. Bachelors of Science degree in Public Safety, Public Administrations, or a health related field preferred.
- Experience with EMS systems, functions, and operations.
- Experience with contract administration preferred.
- Experience with Personal Computer operations, Windows operating systems and general office duties and functions.
- Valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
- Two years of clinical background/experience in EMS, nursing, critical care nursing or other closely related field.
- Licensed EMT-Paramedic or nurse.
- Required credentials BLS, ACLS, or educational equivalent.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience which provided equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Starting Wage: $23.38/hr
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm on Friday, August 25, 2017
Apply at: http://www.co.portage.wi.us/
Portage County Human Resources
1462 Strongs Ave.
Stevens Point, WI 54481
**Portage County is an equal employment opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan. AA/EOE/LEP