Lakeshore Technical College
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The College attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & Section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the Chief Human Resources Officer/Affirmative Action Officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1163 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1163.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the College’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.
Telephone: 1.888.GOTOLTC Fax: 920.693.8078 Website: www.gotoltc.edu
Job Title: EMS Instructor (Full-Time)
Division: Public Safety
Reports To: Dean of Public Safety
Location: Lakeshore Technical College – Cleveland Campus
Salary Expectation: Faculty Contract Salary Schedule
Employment and Work Schedule: Contract Dates July-June, New Professional Staff Orientation, Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
The EMS Instructor facilitates student learning within our EMS programs. This will include instruction within a wide array of EMS educational offerings from American Heart Association offerings to the Paramedic Associate Degree program. This individual is an experienced EMS provider that is able to incorporate real-life experience into the classroom to foster student learning. Additionally, this person, is a creative individual capable of developing unique performance based curriculum and learning activities for their students. They will work cooperatively with administrative support staff and management to maintain program accreditation with the respective agencies.
- Deliver instruction in EMS areas, and fire service education, if credentialed.
- Develop curriculum and lesson plans for EMS education, and fire service education, if credentialed.
- Provide timely feedback to students.
- Record and maintain student records of academic performance.
- Collaborate with clinical sites on student performance.
- Communicate equipment needs to Dean and administrative support staff.
- Advocate for EMS education in the community.
- Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the College inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/ relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Teaching/training in business and industry may be assigned. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
- Associate Degree in EMS/ Paramedic required. Bachelor’s degree will be required within five years of employment.
- Wisconsin EMT- Paramedic license and a minimum of two-years of recent successful occupational experience as a paramedic.
- National Registry of EMT’s Paramedic level certification.
- American Heart Association ACLS and PALS Instructor certification, or ability to obtain.
- Wisconsin Department of Health EMS Instructor II license.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Teaching experience is desirable.
- Experience with WIDS curriculum materials.
- PHTLS Instructor certification preferred.
- WTCS Fire Instructor I certification preferred.
- Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
- Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment.
- Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
- Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
- Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
- Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
- Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
**Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
- Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
|Health Insurance||Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)||Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)|
|Dental Insurance||Employee Assistance Program (EAP)||Flexible Spending Program|
|Long Term Disability||Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)||On-Site Child Care Center|
|Life Insurance||Professional Development||Wellness/Fitness Center|
Beginning: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Closing: Until position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.
Position #: 00009056
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.gotoltc.edu →