Website Lakeshore Technical College
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The College attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & Section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the Chief Human Resources Officer/Affirmative Action Officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1163 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1163.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the College’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.
Telephone: 1.888.GOTOLTC Website: www.gotoltc.edu
Job Title: Fire, EMS and Hazardous Materials Coordinator (Full-Time)
Employment Classification: Full-Time Exempt Position ~ Annual Salary Base Begins at $59,545
Reports To: Dean of Public Safety
Location: Lakeshore Technical College · Cleveland Campus
Employment and Work Schedule: 48-week management contract (1920 annual hours) Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Responsible for the coordination of all Fire, EMS, and Hazardous Materials related activities within the Public Safety Division. Initiate and implement courses, workshops, seminars, business contracts, and technical assistance opportunities for EMS, Fire, and Hazardous Materials.
- Develop and implement the Fire, EMS, and Hazardous Materials educational plans to meet district customers’ needs.
- Possess the knowledge and skills of a master teacher and demonstrate a strong commitment to quality management and team-building concepts.
- Responsible for communication, decision-making, and teamwork to carry out the expectations of the College and community.
- Ensure curricular compliance with WTCS, DHS, NREMT, NIEHS, and CoAEMP requirements.
- Serve as Program Director for the paramedic program’s CAAHEP accreditation and the National Institute for Environmental Health Science’s HWWTP grant.
- Support part time faculty in lesson plan and learning activity development.
- Provide leadership and coach appropriate adjunct faculty.
- Develop and maintain contact with external advisory, professional and/or technical associations and general public.
- Represent LTC at WTCS state‑called fire and EMS meetings and regional and national hazardous materials meetings.
- Develop and maintain contact with fire and EMS departments of the district and other WTCS coordinators.
- Provide 160 hours of instruction within the fire, EMS, and/or hazardous materials disciplines.
- Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Performance review; reward and discipline employees. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include; develop plan(s) and budget for department, address staff and student issues in an effective and timely manner, be an active advocate for LTC in the community, and be active in the college by serving on committees.
- Associate Degree in a Public Safety related field with two years teaching experience and two years full-time of recent occupational experience in either Fire and/or EMS is required. A bachelor’s degree will be required within four years of hire.
- Wisconsin Paramedic license is required.
- WTCS Emergency Services Instructor I required at time of hire. Candidate will be required to obtain Instructor II if not already certified.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications required.
- Other qualifications include: strong and effective leadership in an educational setting, proven, effective use of decision-making and problem-solving skills, and active performance as a member of an effective work team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts in a sensitive manner.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
**Fluent, bilingual individual is desirable.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Condition of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
|Health Insurance||Employee Assistance Program (EAP)||Vacation|
|Dental Insurance||Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)||Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)|
|Long Term Disability||Professional Development||Flexible Spending Program|
|Life Insurance||Tuition Reimbursement||On-Site Child Care|
|Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)||Holidays||Wellness/Fitness Center|
Beginning: Friday, October 6, 2017
Closing: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.gotoltc.edu/ltc-employment/ →