Website Reedsburg Area Ambulance
Reedsburg Area Ambulance is seeking a Wisconsin Licensed Paramedic with Critical Care Endorsement to fill the position of Captain. The Captain supervises and directs the daily delivery of skilled emergency and non-emergency services in a variety of areas including emergency medical and rescue operations, advanced medical assistance, mentoring, training, quality improvement, public education, volunteer agency coordination, mass casualty management, and other duties as required. This position serves as the officer in charge of a shift. The Captain will be assigned to a shift that works a 56-hour work schedule and supervises the on-call EMTs, AEMTs and Paramedics. Reedsburg Area Ambulance has five ambulances and has a call volume of over 2000 calls a year.
Reedsburg Area Ambulance services fourteen municipalities around the Reedsburg area and almost 20,000 residents. We operate out of our station, located in downtown Reedsburg. Reedsburg offers a family-oriented community with an excellent school system and a wide variety of businesses in a city that still holds that small-town charm. Reedsburg is a rural community where businesses flourish, people feel welcome and are comfortable raising families and retiring. Reedsburg offers a balanced array of quality resources for families surrounded by rich natural resources at the edge of Wisconsin’s drift-less region. A historic and walk-able downtown campus along the Baraboo River with a budding arts sphere, thriving and diverse industry, with a well-equipped industrial park and a contiguous business center containing light, research, and high-tech industries, and Citywide Internet access to every home and business in the community at Gigabit speeds; the fastest available in Wisconsin.
Essential functions of the position include:
1. Functions as Incident Commander or scene officer.
2. As a team member, assesses and coordinates the resources and personnel to facilitate safety.
3. Assists with Patient Care Protocol Revision.
4. Assist in the direction of the quality assurance program through program development, critiques, debriefings, and audits.
5. Assist with/manages inventory system to assure accuracy.
6. Assist with/manages scheduling of staff on a monthly and daily basis.
7. Develops related Standard Operating Procedures.
8. Shall participate and instruct in the department training program.
9. Shall attend extra training and meetings as directed by the Director and Assistant Director.
10. Shall ensure that assigned apparatus is inspected and properly stocked.
11. Issues verbal and/or written warnings when appropriate per departmental disciplinary procedures.
12. Recommends suspension, demotion, and termination of members as outlined in the department’s disciplinary procedures.
13. Promotes departmental policies, procedures, objectives, safety and quality assurance programs.
14. Participates in a quality assurance program through post-incident analysis and debriefings.
15. Initiates and assists in developing and implementing improvements identified by a quality assurance program.
16. Interacts effectively, professionally, tactfully with the general public and all participating agencies; dispatch, law enforcement.
17. Completes EMS, special incident, and other required reports.
18. Assists with annual evaluations if requested
19. Implements RAAS policies and procedures.
20. Attends job related classes and continuing education courses to maintain certification and/or enhance job performance and conducts training as needed.
21. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Assistant Director.
1. Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
2. High School Diploma or GED
3. Possess a current Wisconsin Critical Care Paramedic license at time of appointment
4. Two years full time pre-hospital experience in a combination service with paid-per-call staff
5. Bachelor’s Degree or completion of a Bachelor’s degree within three years after hire or comparable college level credits, training, or experience
6. Current PALS, ACLS, NRP, and BLS
7. ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800
8. Dedication to the RAAS mission and vision statement
Resumes must be submitted by 5pm on December 18, 2017.
Qualified applicants will be required to complete a project and pass an interview assessment and skills assessment. Top candidates will proceed to a Background Check.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Reedsburg Area Ambulance
Attn: Joshua Kowalke
250 Railroad Street
Reedsburg, WI 53959
After resume submission, qualified applicants will be forwarded an application packet including project information.
Interviews will be held on December 27, 2017.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.reedsburgambulance.com/captain-job-posting.html →