The Wisconsin EMS Association together with other EMS and fire stakeholders will be hosting EMS Day at the Capitol on Wednesday, November 1, 2017, at the Madison Central Library, 201 West Mifflin Street in Madison. This very important event will allow for attendees to meet their representatives so they can educate them to best help EMS to provide high quality service in the State of Wisconsin.
The headquarters for the event will be inside of the state capital, second floor North Hearing Room. Water and snacks will be available along with the ability to provide and obtain feedback and requests for followup.
– 9:00 AM Welcome (Partner Panel) – History, goals for today, key talking points and bills
– 9:30 AM Legislative speaker panel – Sen Nass, Rep Kremer, Rep Shankland, Rep Loudenbeck all invited
– 10:00 AM Lobbying 101, what it looks like, what to expect
– 10:20 AM Lobbying Packet Review
– 10:40 AM The Legislative “Asks”
– 12:00 PM Lunch served and walk to Capitol building for visits
Wisconsin EMS Association members are encouraged to attend and help support this important initiative. You can register here so we know how many EMS providers are coming to participate and can provide snacks and supplies for everyone. With your help we are hoping to show the legislators what EMS means to Wisconsin.